Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMARC, Yahoo and mailing lists

From: Walter Moore <moorewr () ECKERD EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 10:51:43 -0400

We feel your pain. One set of mailing lists in particular has a large group
of AOL and yahoo users, and was greatly impacted. We dealt with the
situation in the short-term by using the option to remove the sender's
mailing address for one of those lists. This of course caused new problems
with senders not identifying themselves, so it was purely a temporary
measure.

If anyone started converted from a packaged mailman (RHEL in our case) to
one they compiled I'd be curious to hear about your process. We have ours
ready to go but had some outside factors that made us delay the switch.

In our case we think will build the new version to use the same locations
as the RHEL package:
'./configure'  '--prefix=/usr/lib/mailman'
'--localstatedir=/var/lib/mailman' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib/mailman'
'--with-urlhost=[fqdn]'