Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

June 19 Free Webinar: Who Moved My Office? Evolving Role of the CISO

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 16:20:08 +0000

Greetings,

Please join us for tomorrow¹s EDUCAUSE Live! webinar. You can still
register online at:
http://www.educause.edu/events/educause-live-who-moved-my-office-evolving-r
ole-ciso

Abstract: In a fast-paced world of innovation, mobility, outsourcing, and
social technology, today¹s chief information security officers must
possess a blend of warrior-like technical skills combined with strong
leadership abilities. In addition, they must possess business and legal
expertise. Learn from a panel of seasoned CISOs as they discuss how the
role of the CISO has evolved and what new skills and knowledge are
recommended for those who want to move forward and upward in their career.
This interactive session will involve real-time polling from the audience.
We want to hear from you on how you feel the role has evolved and what
elements are key for a successful current or future CISO.

Speakers
John Bruggeman, Chief Technology Officer, Hebrew Union College-Jewish
Institute of Religion
Kim Cary, Chief Information Security Officer, Pepperdine University
Lanita Collette, University Information Security Officer, Northern Arizona
University
Mike Osterman, IT Security Officer/Deputy Director, Enterprise Technology,
Whitman College
Theresa Semmens, Chief IT Security Officer, North Dakota State University

Thank you!
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | main: 202.872.4200 | educause.edu