Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Cloud infrastructure and bridging, Azure specifically

From: "Shettler, David" <dshettle () HOLYCROSS EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 21:24:40 -0400

Good evening all,

Any organizations either experimenting with or deploying Azure AD domain
controller's?  Either as secondary/tertiary etc. DC's, or as a DR strategy?
 If so, could you share info. on your risk management process as it relates
to that decision?

We want to experiment with it, but the idea of bridging our network with a
cloud one is somewhat unnerving.  Its one thing to put stuff "out" to the
cloud, another to bring the cloud "in" I guess, and I'm curious for those
who have what sort of controls you may have considered/implemented to
alleviate some of these issues.

Thanks,

David Shettler
Information Security Officer