Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Securing the eCampus 2014: July 15-16 at Dartmouth College

From: Adam Goldstein <Adam.Goldstein () DARTMOUTH EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 13:49:08 +0000

The eighth annual Securing the eCampus conference will be held this July 15th and 16th at Dartmouth College in Hanover,
NH. We invite you to join us in discussing the unique challenges of cyber security in higher education and what it
takes to build a culture of security at your institution.

The schedule for the 15th will feature a full day of a series of lectures and panel discussions. The morning of the
16th will include break-out sessions that allow participants to discuss specific topic areas in smaller groups and in a
more informal setting. The conference will conclude with lunch on the 16th.

We are very excited to welcome our Keynote Speaker for 2014:

Nate Fick: CEO of Endgame, former CEO of the Center for a New American Security, former Marine Corps infantry office,
and bestselling author of "One Bullet Away"

Other Speakers Include:
Doug Madory- Senior Analyst with Renesys will address geo-political trends and the cloud
Kris Rowley<http://www.educause.edu/members/michael-corn>- Information Security Officer for the State of Vermont will
discuss disaster recovery, incident response and lessons learned from Hurricane Irene
Patrick
Perry<http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/faculty/directory/operations-technology-and-innovation-management-otim/noel-greis>
 - from FireEye will discuss developments pertaining to Advanced Persistent Threat (APT)
Rodney Petersen<http://www.educause.edu/members/rodney-petersen> - Executive Director, Research and Education Community
Collaborative at EDUCAUSE to speak on cyber-security collaborative and shared services efforts in the higher education
community
Ano Lobb<http://csrc.nist.gov/staff/Ross/biography-ross-03-16-2013.pdf>- Learning and Technology Manager, MHCDS at
Dartmouth College will explore the security implication of emerging trends in distance learning

Joseph Homza - Sr. Security Engineer from Cornell University will discuss risk management processes for building
control and automation systems.

Details on the conference and registration information can be found on our
website<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/events/ecampus/>.

Due to the generous support of our sponsors, Cisco, Lancope, and Presidio, the registration fee for the conference is
only $149 and includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and a networking event on July 15th and breakfast, lunch and snacks on
July 16th.

We have set aside a block of rooms for the conference at the Six South Street Hotel in Downtown Hanover.  The cutoff
date for the room block is June 14th.  See the website's page on
lodging<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/events/ecampus/lodging.html> for more information.

This conference is co-hosted by the Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
(ISTS)<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/> and Computing Services<http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/> at Dartmouth College.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the workshop. For conference content and agenda
questions, please contact either:

Adam Goldstein
IT Security Engineer
Computing Services
Adam.Goldstein () Dartmouth EDU<mailto:Adam.Goldstein () Dartmouth EDU>

or

Bill Nisen
Associate Director
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
William.G.Nisen () dartmouth edu<mailto:William.G.Nisen () dartmouth edu>

or

For conference logistical questions, please contact:

Karen Page
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
Program Administrator
Karen.M.Page () Dartmouth EDU<mailto:Karen.M.Page () Dartmouth EDU>

We look forward to seeing you in July!