Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password change *recommended* -- RESULTS?

From: Will Froning <will.froning () GMAIL COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 19:48:19 +0400

On 16 Apr 2014, at 18:31, Roger A Safian wrote:

It's not unusual for users to create accounts on other sites using their Northwestern address as the user name and their Northwestern password. By having the Northwestern password age we have an opportunity to no longer sync these accounts.

I'm going to completely agree here. After the Adobe compromise I tested a few accounts and locked those accounts that shared our campus username/password.

Thanks,
Will

--
Will Froning