Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password change *recommended* -- RESULTS?

From: Pete Hickey <pete () SHADOWS UOTTAWA CA>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 09:14:37 -0400

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:03:40PM +0000, Pedersen, Krystal wrote:
Hello Everyone - I was looking to get an idea as to how successful a recommended password change broadcast is (to the
entire school population)? Perhaps a percentage, such as -- last time we sent a broadcast out recommended a password
change, with instructions on how to change your password, less than 1% of passwords were actually changed?

And how many times have you sent out a broadcast telling everyone not
to beleive broadcasts telling them that they have to change their password?

--
Pete Hickey                         LITTLE KNOWN FACT:
The University of Ottawa            Did you know that 90% of North