Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Off subject -- 2013 EDUCAUSE Annual Meeting - credit card compromised

From: Brian Helman <bhelman () SALEMSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 15:18:26 +0000

Everyone:

If you attended the 2013 Annual Conference in Anaheim and stayed at the Hilton, check your credit card statements
carefully.  Immediately after my stay I was billed for a 2nd room.  I had that removed and didn't think anything of it.
 Last week a charge from the Hilton hit my card for a 1/1/14 stay.  I only used that card at the Hilton and IHOP while
in Anaheim.  It did not leave my possession otherwise.  It looks like Hilton may have some issues.

Our bank is dealing with the charges, but I thought I'd get the word out.

I'm cross-posting to the 3 EDUCAUSE lists I'm active on.

-Brian