Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Remaining XP Machines

From: Ryan Skelton <rskelton2 () GMAIL COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:00:22 -0600

Chris,

We are in the process of upgrading XP machines and are having good
progress. However, I'm sure we will have some issues with some XP devices
that are connected to equipment that won't work with anything higher than
XP. Our plan is to not allow them on the network using a policy on our NAC
after a specified date especially since we have to adhere to much more
compliance than other university's. But we may run into some issues with
the users of these XP devices. Well will see.

Ryan Skelton
Information Security Analyst
UTHSC