Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

OSHA Required Hazard Communication

From: "Di Fabio, Andrea" <adifabio () NSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:16:17 -0400

Apologies for the cross posting. We have been asked to incorporate mandatory
training for the following https://www.osha.gov/dsg/hazcom/index.html which
appears to be due by 12/1/2013. Our institution uses MOAT for mandatory
security awareness training and we are considering placing training on MOAT
as a required training for all current and new employees.

*         How is your institution addressing this training?

*         Is it mandatory for all employees?

*         Are you enforcing non-compliance and how?

Thanks for your feedback.

Andrea Di Fabio, CISO

Director, IT Security and Network

Norfolk State University

Office of Information Technology

Marie V. McDemmond Center for Applied Research, Rm 401M

555 Park Avenue, Suite 401

Norfolk, Virginia 23504

757-823-2896 Office

757-823-2128 Fax

NSU email communication is subject to permanent archival, it is covered
under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and may be partially or fully
disclosed.