Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Calendar Reminder

From: James Farr <jfarr () UTICA EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 12:15:04 -0400

We had a user today receive a strange calendar reminder.  This was in
Google Calendar.  The settings were enabled to add all new requests to the
calendar automatically.  I have not seen this before and wanted to share
it with the group. I made a post on my Info Security Facebook page to
alert our campus.  "Just because your calendar tells you to do something,
you do not have to do it."  I can just imagine someone not going to a
meeting a quoting me.

Unfortunately the original message is gone, so I cannot quote it.  It did
want her to send money to Guatemala via a bank in Africa.

James Farr
Information Security Officer
Instructional Technologist
Utica College