Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: inital passwords for students

From: David Curry <david.curry () NEWSCHOOL EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 13:29:33 -0500

Do you have a commercial password reset page?

No; for a variety of reasons we elected to go the home-grown route. It's a
single page with three functions: Look Up NetID, Change Password, and Reset
Password.

You can see the first part of it, at least, at https://account.newschool.edu

--Dave

--

*DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP* • DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

*THE NEW SCHOOL* • 55 W. 13TH STREET • NEW YORK, NY 10011

+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.curry () newschool edu

“providing enough information to verify their identity.”……   What
information do you require?

We require Student/Staff/Faculty ID number, NetID (username), Date of
Birth, and, if the individual has ever been employed by the university,
last four digits of SSN/TIN.

--Dave

--

*DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP* • DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

*THE NEW SCHOOL* • 55 W. 13TH STREET • NEW YORK, NY 10011

+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.curry () newschool edu

 “providing enough information to verify their identity.”……   What
information do you require?

Thanks

Eric