Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Bit9 - Trust Based Security - Feedback

From: Mike Osterman <ostermmg () WHITMAN EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:39:02 -0700

Ed and Joel,

What was the value proposition of these products over the built in Windows Enterprise AppLocker?

Mike Osterman
IT Security Officer/
Deputy Director, Enterprise Technology
Whitman College
(509) 527-5419

On Jul 16, 2013, at 11:06 AM, Hudson, Edward wrote:

We use it at the endpoints with great success and ease of deployment. Some initial hesitancy from faculty (who seem
hesitant at most things anyway) but works well, low "technical debt" for support.
Contact me off line if you need further!
Ed Hudson
Director, Information Security
California State University, Office of the Chancellor
ehudson () calstate edu<mailto:ehudson () calstate edu>

Ed Hudson- sent from my mobile

On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:37 AM, "Greg Schmalhofer" <Greg.Schmalhofer () MILLERSVILLE EDU<mailto:Greg.Schmalhofer ()