Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Two-Factor Authentication

From: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman () IP-SOLUTIONS NET>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 12:54:11 -0400

Hi David,

I don't know if this will work in your environment but we have something
similar to CAS called Weblogin.

When a user is enrolled in 2fa and haven't authenticated to a web app
then they are redirected to weblogin (same as with CAS) to provide their
initial set of authentication credentials (userid + password). Weblogin
checks to see if they are enrolled in 2fa and if so presents them with a
page to enter their code.

Once this is successful redirection happens as normal (i.e. w/o 2fa).

CAS (at least some versions) are capable of doing multiple
authentication methods so I believe that this is feasible to implement.

If you want more information let me know and I can get you in contact
with some of the folks here who run our 2fa and weblogin environments.

Cheers,
Harry