Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Two-Factor Authentication

From: David Escalante <david.escalante () BC EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 12:37:30 -0400

Could people contributing to this thread state which Google authentication model you are using? (i.e. Did you have students create separate GMail account credentials, or send your authentication data to Google, or use the SAML SSO, or some hybrid)

I think it would clarify the threat/risks of compromised GMail accounts to understand if such accounts match the institutional credentials or not, and that can vary depending upon the authentication solution chosen by an Apps for Education customer....

Thanks!
--
David Escalante