Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

End-user Awareness Baseline(s)

From: "Eckrote, Jennifer" <eckrotejl () LONGWOOD EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:25:07 -0400

We are rethinking our Targeted Awareness efforts, but we want to conduct an "End-user pre-assessment" - basically a
baseline - so we can figure out which areas of Security Awareness need to be the focus.  Have you conducted any sort of
"End-user assessments"; ranging from surveys on multiple areas to targeted assessments (i.e. faux-phishing/social
engineering campaigns) at your institutions?  What worked best? What didn't work?

Jennifer Eckrote
Policy, Awareness & Training Coordinator
Longwood University Information Security Office
201 High Street | Farmville, VA | 23909
eckrotejl () longwood edu