Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Ryland Fellowships and Balestri Scholarship Available (Apply by Sep. 9)

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 14:22:00 +0000

FYI – Scholarships are available for 2014 EDUCAUSE events, including the Security Professionals Conference (May 6-8 in
St. Louis). The scholarship application deadline is September 9.

==========

Each year, via the Jane N. Ryland Fellowships and the Diane Balestri Memorial Scholarship, EDUCAUSE provides financial
support to members of our community who cannot otherwise attend EDUCAUSE events.  You, or someone you know, may have
benefited from one of these awards in the past.

The Ryland Fellowship awards are based on  a combination of past achievement, personal and institutional commitment,
potential benefit, and financial need.  The Balestri Scholarship is designated for a woman to attend her first EDUCAUSE
Event.  More information about the awards and the requirements of the application process can be found at
http://www.educause.edu/careers/fellowship-programs.

The application deadline for 2014 awards is Monday, September 9th.  The application must include a statement of
financial need, personal statements indicating the value and potential impact of the award, and a statement of support
from a senior administrator at the applicant's institution.

Eligible events include the annual conference, our new Connect events, special topic events such as the ELI annual
meeting and the Security Professionals conference, and our management and leadership programs from the New IT Managers
Program to the Leading Change Institute and the Breakthrough Models Academy.

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | main: 202.872.4200 | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>