Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: China conference scam

From: "Manjak, Martin" <mmanjak () ALBANY EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:53:44 +0000

I can't help wondering if some of the Ezproxy journal rummaging is done to populate these conferences' "programs," as
well as identify authors for the purpose of soliciting them. It would be interesting to see if the sample presentation
titles listed on the page Andre supplied (http://www.oceanographerschoice.com/2010/09/phishy-conference/) match the
titles of any journal articles.

Marty Manjak
ISO