Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IdentityFinder - Data Discovery Software

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:54:46 +0000

Hi Carlos,

The Information Security Guide includes a case study on the use of IdentityFinder at the University of Pennsylvania:
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/itsg2/Identity+Finder+at+The+University+of+Pennsylvania

The Confidential Data Handling BLueprint (also part of the guide) includes a list of tools that institutions use,
including the Cornell University Spider, UT-Austin Sensitive Number Finder (SENF), and Virginia Tech's Find_SSNs.
http://security.vt.edu/resources_and_information/find_ssns.html

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager