Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Large number of ISP IP addresses blacklisted?

From: Jeff Giacobbe <giacobbej () MAIL MONTCLAIR EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:00:59 -0400

Colleagues-

Has anyone seen a large up tick in the past 24hrs of residential ISP's
handing out IP addresses that are blacklisted? We're in Northern NJ so
the popular ISP's are Verizon FiOS, Comcast, and CableVision and we've
received at least 20-30 calls to our help desk this morning regarding
email submission errors due to IP blacklisting.

I've seen this happen now and again for a user or two, but never such a
large group of users at the same time.

Thanks,

Jeff Giacobbe
Associate Vice President Enterprise Technology
Montclair State University