Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Request to Complete Information Security Breach Survey

From: "Waddell, Stan Adolphus" <stan_waddell () UNC EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:14:57 +0000

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and respond to the survey.  If you can complete the survey at
https://survey.us2.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0MtIdnVWDUgOryJ  please do. It will really help me out.

I am conducting a survey of information security in academic institutions to provide information regarding the impact
of information security policies on computer security breaches at America's colleges and universities. This survey is
part of my doctoral program at the School of Computer and Information Sciences at Nova Southeastern University.

This short survey will require  approximately 15 minutes of your time. Participation is voluntary. You may choose not
to participate or to stop at any time. Only cumulative and anonymized data will be published as part of the survey
results. A summary report of the findings of this survey will be sent to each institution that completes the survey.
The results should help illustrate many aspects of information security in academic institutions

Participating in the study:
To complete the study on-line, simply click on the link provided below and complete the survey.
By clicking on the link below (or cutting and pasting into a browser) and answering the survey questions, you are
agreeing to participate in the study entitled, "A Study of the Effect of Information Security Policies on Information
Security Breaches in Higher Education Institutions".

https://survey.us2.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0MtIdnVWDUgOryJ

This short survey is divided into five sections. Most of the questions can be answered by simply clicking on the
appropriate box.

If you have any queries, please email me at stanie () nova edu, or call me at 919-883-1900. Please leave a message and
I will return your call.  I will also be at Security Professionals if you wish to ask me anything about the survey.

For questions/concerns about your rights as a research participant, contact:
Human Research Oversight Board (Institutional Review Board or IRB) Nova Southeastern University
(954) 262-5369/Toll Free: 866-499-0790
IRB () nsu nova edu

Sincerely,

Stan Waddell, PMP, CISSP, ABD Nova Southeastern University A CISO in higher education for more than 7 years
919-883-1900 (Please leave a message and I will return your call) http://scis.nova.edu/~stanie/bio.html