Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: EDUCAUSE Breach discussed in online hacking zine

From: Chris Argeros <ChrisA () HOUSING UFL EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 19:12:12 +0000

I'm noticing that not only are passwords attached to this article, but also it appears they dumped the credit payment
database. How well was this information encrypted and I assume the affected parties have already been contacted?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Argeros | Assistant - Network Security Administration
University of Florida Department of Housing and Residence Education
PO Box 112100 | Gainesville, FL 32611-2100
office 352.392.2465 | fax 352.392.6819 | ChrisA () housing ufl edu