Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Program: NIST, ISO, other?

From: David Curry <david.curry () NEWSCHOOL EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:21:42 -0500

Ours is based on the Information Security Forum's Standard of Good Practice
for Information Security, 2007 edition, which can be mapped back to ISO
27002 and CObIT 4.1. It can be downloaded at no cost from
https://www.securityforum.org/downloadresearch/downloadsogp/.

Unfortunately, ISF decided not to make the 2012 edition of the Standard
available for download; you have to purchase it unless your organization is
a member of the Forum. Having had experience with them in the past I would
love it if we were able to join, but their membership fee structure isn't
really compatible with universities (i.e., it's expensive).

--Dave

--

*DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP* • DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY

*THE NEW SCHOOL* • 55 W. 13TH STREET • NEW YORK, NY 10011

+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.curry () newschool edu