Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Solution

From: "Hall, Rand" <hallr () MERRIMACK EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 08:27:29 -0500

We're just using Wildfire "out-of-the-box" and it's great. I probably get
about 20 Wildfire emails a day. After a while you come to understand what
you can ignore (things like new versions of user opt-in junkware like
toolbars). At times it seems like an almost real time 0wnage notification
system :-) There have been a few cases where I could see the whole process
take place: the initial plant, and then a succession of nasties added on.

Rand

Rand P. Hall
Director, Network Services                 askIT!
Merrimack College
978-837-3532
rand.hall () merrimack edu

If I had an hour to save the world, I would spend 59 minutes defining the
problem and one minute finding solutions. – Einstein