Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Where does NAC Admin Land at Your EDU?

From: Jim Pardonek <jpardonek () LUC EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:34:30 -0600

We have a very segmented management approach to our NAC deployment.  We currently use Bradford Campus Manager.  Our
Server Operations staff manage the policy creation, web pages, device whitelisting and most other daily tasks.  Our
Network Services staff manages the network connectivity of the enforcement points, the helpdesk monitors the license
counts and approves the connection of personal routers in the res halls, and the infosec team approves endpoint policy
and device blacklists (for bad behavior).

I am thinking about making an effort to move most if not all of these responsibilities under one area.  My question is,
where do all of these responsibilities rest at your institutions?

Thanks,

Jim

James Pardonek, CISSP, CEH
Information Security Officer
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Road | Chicago, IL  60660

(: (773) 508-6086