Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Anti-virus Options for Students

From: Adam Nave <nave () MACALESTER EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 08:08:41 -0600

We require antivirus via our NAC (Bradford), but we've set it to allow any
antivirus app supported by the NAC. Right now we recommend students use MSE
for Windows and Sophos for Mac, since both are free and reasonably good.
We've been letting them pick their own AV for so long that I can't say if
we deal with more or fewer malware issues compared to a school with
required AV.

--Adam