Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VDI View Security Gateway Logging

From: Matt Stork <mstork () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:07:06 +0000

Drew,
        Did you check the Security Gateway logs located in C:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\logs\ for what you need?  I do not
have a Security Gateway to check but I see my Security Broker does record username, destination VM, timestamps and
source IP.  Sadly it is not all on the same line in the log.  Maybe the Security Gateway does a little better or there
is more verbose logging that can be turned on.
        The information logged on each individual VM is not stored in the registry but is in the Event Logs.  Those can
always be pushed out to a central logging system to get around the non-persistent VM issue.
-Matt