Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

was RE: [SECURITY] Google Docs abuse

From: David Gillett <gillettdavid () FHDA EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:22:01 +0000

  I saw my first example of this last week  Which was technically interesting, but not, I think, as much a cause for
concern quite so much as the extent to which it, and another phishing email received today, have clearly been crafted
based on information on our public-facing web pages, to achieve new levels of verisimilitude.  (One, for instance, made
use of a slang term whose local use is, as far as I know, unique....)

  SOMEBODY (perhaps multiple somebodies) has begun putting unprecedented time and effort into trying to look legitimate
to our employees.  That can't be good.

David Gillett
CISSP CCNP