Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Sunshine Law Email Retention

From: "Campbell, Josh" <jcampbell () FGCU EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:04:27 +0000

Hello List,

While not specifically security related, I was hoping for some good feedback since this is one of the more active
educause lists. I will also post to policy-discussion.

I am wondering how schools in states that have open government laws (aka "Sunshine Law") handle email retention.  Any
feedback on products/solutions used to help (journaling or archiving) or examples of policies and procedures would be
greatly appreciated.  I am particularly interested if any of my peers in Florida could share some insight.

Thanks, have a great day everyone.

--
Josh Campbell
Systems Administrator

Never give out your username or password to anyone.