Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Open Source or Freeware File / Free Space Erasers

From: Beth Young <youngba () REN-ISAC NET>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 07:52:36 -0500

Don't forget about SDelete from SysInternals.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897443

Beth

On 7/31/2012 4:53 PM, Hauber, Wayne [ITSEC] wrote:

I haven?t tested it, but I like the simplicity of interface for
this one:  http://freeraser.en.softonic.com/

I liked Heidi a while back, but they seem to have taken away a lot
of helpful functionality in the 6+ version.  (Plus I have
stability problems with 6+ on windows 7).

I have the same reaction to version 6 of Eraser. I?ve been using
very 5.88 in lieu of something better. It is still functional.

Wayne Hauber (515) 294-9890

Iowa State University

Information Technology Services

IT Security and Policies

297 Durham Center, ISU, Ames, Iowa 50011

wjhauber () iastate edu <mailto:wjhauber () iastate edu>

Quinn R Shamblin

Executive Director of Information Security, Boston University
CISM, CISSP, GCFA, PMP  ?  O 617-358-6310  M 617-999-7523