Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Hard Disk Degaussers

From: Dan Sarazen <dsarazen () BRANDEIS EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 08:08:49 -0400

HI All,

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but can anybody tell me what they do (If
anything) to document the sanitization of hard-drives? Once they are
removed from the PC (Which is what is usually tracked in the asset
inventory) how do you track the hard-drives to show they have all been
through the degausser?

Or do you?

Thanks,
Dan