Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Hard Disk Degaussers

From: "SCHALIP, MICHAEL" <mschalip () CNM EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:52:15 -0600

We use "The Terminator"......sounds silly, but - we also wind up selling the ground up bits for $.50 - $.60/lb......who
would have thought that shredded hard drives are worth more ground up than in one piece....??  And - they are disposed
of through a certified recycler......very "green".....

Thanks,

Michael