Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security Analyst - Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC)

From: Richard H Gadsden <gadsden () MUSC EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 11:44:40 -0400

The Medical University of South Carolina is hiring a Security Analyst to join our team in the Information Security Office.

About MUSC:

Founded in 1824, and located in the historic seaport city of Charleston, MUSC is the state's only free standing academic health sciences center, providing a full range of professional education, clinical services and biomedical research.

Job Summary:

The Security Analyst II reports to the Senior Information Technology Consultant who leads the Information Security Office [that's me]. Under indirect supervision, the Security Analyst II contribtes to the prevention, detection and response to cyber security attacks and other incidents affecting systems and IT resources across the MUSC enterprise. Functional areas include network security monitoring and incident response, vulnerability management, risk analysis, policies and standards, and security awareness.

Duties and Responsibilities:

Vulnerability Management: Scan and test a wide range of systems for the presence of known vulnerabilities, characterize the level of risk they pose, and assist in remediating (or documenting the acceptance of) the risks that exceed defined thresholds.

Security Monitoring and Incident Handling: Monitor SIEM and other data sources as assigned, to detect potential incidents.

Risk Management: Contribute proactively to the effectiveness of MUSC's overall security program.

Operational Security: Collaborate with other security analysts and engineers to develop and implement new operational security systems and processes.

To learn more, and to apply:

For HR purposes, this position is within the MUSC Medical Center, but the duties are enterprise in scope, supporting all of the University's education, research, and patient care missions.

<http://applymuscjobs.com> ... Search Postings, Position Number = A010325.

I'm happy to answer any questions about the position.

Thanks
Richard
--
 Richard Gadsden