Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Degreedup.org - phishing scam or just junk mail?

From: Jeff Giacobbe <giacobbej () MAIL MONTCLAIR EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:45:37 -0400

Greetings-

Just testing the wind on this one... Our campus seems to get regular
monthly 'spam' from an outfit called DegreedUp.org offering scholarship
applications (for a small fee of course)

I'm trying to determine if this is just your run-of-the-mill unsolicited
junk mail or if it moves into phishing scam territory.

I can provide a copy of the emails we've received privately if anyone is
interested.

Thanks,

Jeff Giacobbe
Associate Vice President Enterprise Technology Services
Montclair State University