Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Please Volunteer as a Session Convener for Security 2012

From: "Basgen, Brian" <bbasgen () PIMA EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 08:54:09 -0700

Hi Everyone,

 If you are planning to attend the Security Conference in Indianapolis
next month, please consider signing up as a session convener. We still
have several sessions available (see:
http://net.educause.edu/sec12/Program/1030110).

What is a Session Convener?
Volunteering as a session convener is an easy way to get involved and meet
people in the community. You must be registered for the conference, and
your responsibilities will include:

·        Introducing the speaker(s)
·        Ensuring that the session ends on time
·        Making any last-minute announcements
·        Summoning technology assistance if needed
·        Reminding attendees to complete the session evaluation form
·        For streamed sessions, reminding the speaker about the online
audience

If you have any questions, please let me know or contact Valerie Vogel
(vvogel () educause edu).

 Thanks!

Brian Basgen
2012 Security Professionals Conference Program Committee member
Director of User Support Services (Acting)
& Information Security Officer
Pima Community College
Office: 520-206-4873