Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IP Address Management / DNS and Bluecat Networks

From: Willis Marti <wmarti () TAMU EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 15:58:28 -0600

On 3/8/2012 11:48 AM, Walter Petruska wrote:
USF is investigating new solutions to the functions of DNS, DHCP and IP address management.

We would like something which is highly available, integrates well or can supplement/replace a windows-based DHCP service, has multi-level administration, logging and can provide DNSSEC/IPv6 functionality.

I've been looking at Bluecat Networks, but been repeatedly put off by their pre-sales approach and refusal to discuss pricing for planning.

Any comments/ suggestions regarding your own use of Bluecat Networks, or identification of alternative solutions is appreciated.

I like Infoblox (www.infoblox.com)

--

Willis Marti
Director