Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Two-Factor Authentication: Quick Poll

From: "Schumacher, Adam J." <adamschumacher () CREIGHTON EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 23:12:00 +0000

We've used the Twilio (http://www.twilio.com/) API to send SMSes for 2 factor when resetting passwords, though not for
actual authentication (yet).  Since it is just an API, you could program it to do "anything" you want.  You can also
send/receive voice calls using their service.  Rates are pretty low too.  I think we started paying .03 per sms sent,
and the price actually went down to .01.    We also utilize them as an alerting mechanism in our monitoring
environment.  (we have an offsite monitoring system in case on-campus WAN connectivity is down).

sha1(

Adam Schumacher
Information Security Engineer
Creighton University

Don't share your password with ANYONE, EVER.  This means YOU!

402-280-2383
402-672-1732

)

= 1a72637cf94189654ab1a827520a5e41738f41b0