Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Aruba Via?

From: Timothy Fairlie <fairlie () RIDER EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 10:36:50 -0500

We have VIA running on a 3600 controller and have been experimenting with it for a few months.

So far it's been working very well. It's not as convenient as our java/web-based  anyconnect VPN, but we've been having
problems with users and java and such with the Cisco version. Once installed, via has been very stable for the users.
(windows , Mac and iOS all work very well)

One thing to keep in mind, is that the VIA client only works with a wireless connection. At least we haven't been able
to get it to work on a wired workstation. So if you have remote users on desktops, you'll still need a separate
solution.

Sent via iPhone