Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Risk Assessment Tools

From: John Forker <jforker () MAINE EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 17:18:32 -0500

Hi everyone,  I am curious what you are using for risk assessments.  We
have developed a guide with a step-by-step process for completing risk
assessments.  Our process includes documenting compliance with controls
that are associated with threat/vulnerability pairs as well as likelihood
and impact assessments.  Unfortunately we aren't using a tool that does a
good job for aggregating or correlating data.  Does anyone have a cost
effective solution for performing risk assessments, or is anyone willing to
share what they have developed?
John Forker
Chief Information Security Officer
University of Maine System