Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: the value of privacy and differing perceptions

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:34:49 -0500

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:24:23 CST, "Tonkin, Derek K." said:

with calling it free which is an acceptable critique but if not free, how
should this be promoted to students, faculty, & staff?  What wording would
d be acceptable?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_versus_libre

"Free speech" versus "free beer".  Said book is "gratis" not "libre" (and I'm perfectly
OK with Amazon releasing it "gratis" as long as we're clear that's what it is).

Good a starting point as any, and the links point to most of the good resources.