Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: OCSP/HTTPS site issues? Certificate validation?

From: Jim Cheetham <jim.cheetham () OTAGO AC NZ>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:25:40 +1300

Excerpts from Seth Hall's message of Sun Jan 22 04:04:31 +1300 2012:
I attached text files with the URLs for OCSP and CRL endpoints for all of the certificates in Mozilla's root
certificate bundle.

http://service.diginotar.nl/crl/root/latestCRL.crl

I'm pretty sure that there's no good to be had with a Diginotar CA cert
still in your machine. Check your updates :-)

I mean, by all means send OCSP queries to them, and I hope that they
answer "revoked" to every single one. But I think you'd be better off if
the Diginotar root certificate simply wasn't on your system at all.

-jim
--
Jim Cheetham, Information Security, University of Otago, Dunedin, N.Z.
✉ jim.cheetham () otago ac nz          ☏ +64 3 470 4670 ☏ m +64 21 227 0015