Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Palo Alto

From: Brian Helman <bhelman () SALEMSTATE EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:20:35 +0000

We are running 4.0.5.  It is very stable.  I agree with the previous comments about 4.x though .. I wouldn't use a
release prior to 4.0.5.

I have been using PA for over 3 years now.  My experience is .. stay away from major releases until they are 2-3
updates in.  I think this is an excellent firewall and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, but the process they use to
vet their code really needs to be reconsidered!

-Brian Helman