Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Student Passwords

From: randy marchany <marchany () VT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:54:07 -0500

We did a complete password reset for all faculty, staff, and students
(~200K accounts, ~100k people actual). We now have a 365 day password
lifetime. See http://www.vt.edu/password for info on our password project.
We're going through the first phase of passwords renewals now. Seems to be
fairly smooth.

-Randy Marchany
VA Tech IT Security Office & Lab