Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI Processing Practices

From: "Youngquist, Jason R." <jryoungquist () CCIS EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 19:34:41 +0000

A couple weeks ago the PCI Security Standards Council posted some guidance on point-to-point encryption.  If you use
only POS devices with "hardware/hardware point-to-point encryption, it looks like you can reduce your scope even more.
See PDF link below pages 82-83.

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/documents/P2PE_Hardware_Solution_%20Requirements_Initial_Release.pdf

Jason Youngquist, CISSP
Information Technology Security Engineer
Technology Services
Columbia College
1001 Rogers Street, Columbia, MO  65216
(573) 875-7334