Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Rank My Hack

From: Kevin Halgren <kevin.halgren () WASHBURN EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 09:51:42 -0500

I'm not sure, I didn't want to post one of our sites as hacked, obviously. I believe hacked sites are listed at the domain or subdomain level, e.g. colorado.edu, search.psu.edu, etc.

Do you provide students space to create their own websites in your domain? They could "hack" your site just by modifying their own web page in that case.

Their site is back up, content of the bounty page is below (don't know if it will render properly by the time it gets through the listserv and other mail clients). Additionally, I note there are only 25 "active" users with hacking points and the only bounties are from the site creater.

Kevin

 [RANKING_POINT_BOUNTIES]

[Site]

[Bounty_Points]

[Reason]

[Submitted_By]

bnp.org.uk

100000

Racist/Anti Islamic UK political party lead by Nick Griffin.

s0lar

nickgriffinmep.eu

100000

Nick Griffin's personal website (BNP Leader, all round racist bastard)

s0lar

englishdefenceleague.org

100000

Group of UK racist bastards, they would be politically minded if they weren't such thick skulled idiots. Neo Nazi splinter cell in there somewhere no doubt.

s0lar

kkk.com

100000

Official Ku Klux Klan site.

s0lar

kukluxklan.bz

100000

Lesser known Ku Klux Klan website.

s0lar

Any .gov websites

7500

.gov / .mil / .edu sites are often harder to break into because they have higher security budgets.

s0lar

Any .edu websites

7500

.gov / .mil / .edu sites are often harder to break into because they have higher security budgets.

s0lar

Any .mil websites