Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: US sources for small numbers of USB PKI tokens or PKI smartcards?

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 14:22:11 -0400

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 11:02:02 PDT, Joe St Sauver said:

So I'm looking for US sources for small quanitities of USB PKI tokens or
PKI smartcards supporting 2048 bit RSA keys and standard x.509v3 certs,
suitable for use in a multiplatform environment (e.g., supporting Macs
and Linux as well as Windows).

http://www.safenet-inc.com/products/data-protection/multi-factor-authentication/

These guys apparently bought out Alladin. We use the (pre-buyout) Alladin eToken
USB devices, and they work reasonably well for us.  Hope that helps.