Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

US sources for small numbers of USB PKI tokens or PKI smartcards?

From: Joe St Sauver <joe () OREGON UOREGON EDU>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 11:02:02 -0700

Hi,

So I'm looking for US sources for small quanitities of USB PKI tokens or
PKI smartcards supporting 2048 bit RSA keys and standard x.509v3 certs,
suitable for use in a multiplatform environment (e.g., supporting Macs
and Linux as well as Windows).

By way of example, western europeans can get the sort of thing I'm
looking for online from http://www.gooze.eu, but in an ironic twist of
international crypto policy, those guys can't currently ship some
of their products to US customers (my understanding is that they're
working on receiving that authorization from the EU, but I'd prefer not
to wait, and I'd ideally prefer a US source due to the cost of
international shipping, etc.).

So does anyone know of a US source for something equivalent to
http://www.gooze.eu/feitian-epass-pki-token in retail quantities?

Thanks,

Joe St Sauver (joe () oregon uoregon edu)
http://pages.uoregon.edu/joe/