Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Flexible Packet Matching

From: Joey Rego <jrego () LYNN EDU>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 09:30:33 -0400

Is there anyone out there who is trying to secure/drop egress traffic using Flexible Packet matching?  With all the
malware and Bots out there I was wondering if anyone has taken that route.  If so would anyone be willing to share any
details?

Thanks
Joey Rego
Network Security Administrator
Lynn University

This email is intended for the designated recipient only, and may be confidential, non-public, proprietary, protected
by the attorney/client or other privilege. Unauthorized reading, distribution, copying or other use of this
communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipients should not be
deemed a waiver of any privilege or protection. If you are not the intended recipient or if you believe that you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies from your computer system
without reading, saving, or using it in any manner. Although it has been checked for viruses and other malicious
software, malware, we do not warrant, represent or guarantee in any way that this communication is free of malware or
potentially damaging defects. All liability for any actual or alleged loss, damage, or injury arising out of or
resulting in any way from the receipt, opening or use of this email is expressly disclaimed.