Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Adobe Flash auto-update status

From: Chris Green <cmgreen () UAB EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:55:27 -0500

While Apple Lifecycles are maddening at not saying what will quit working when,   10.6 didn't support PowerPC and the
forthcoming 10.7 starts to not support some Intel-based macs.

The last released patch supporting PPC was: 10.5.8      August 5, 2009

PowerPC macs are dead to the world at this time; remember that they ship with Java by default and there were plenty of
sandbox related issues.  The closest rule of thumb I've been able to follow for Macs is Current Major release minus one
*may* get security patches.