Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

PCI

From: "Jacobson, Dick" <dick.jacobson () NDUS EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:41:17 -0700

I attended a IPv6 seminar last week and am wondering if I heard something correctly. This did not register with me
until after the seminar and  since the seminar I have been looking for an email address for Johannes Ullirich (the
instructor), but have not found one, and asked a few people around here about this.  I have not been able to get a
half-way-confident answer so I am bringing the question here.

I think I heard that on an IPv6 network, you can not be PCI compliant because (I think) the size of the address space
makes it impossible to scan in a timely manner, as required.

Does this question make sense ?  Any comments/thoughts for me ?