Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Privileged Access Management

From: Mike Iglesias <iglesias () UCI EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 16:14:15 -0700

On 05/26/2011 03:59 PM, Christopher Jones wrote:
For those of you who are currently using RSA SecurID to manage privileged
access to servers and other infrastructure devices, I welcome any feedback on
how that is working for you.  In particular, I would be interested in how well
system admins have adopted and adapted to the extra layer of security.  Thanks.

We've been using it for about a year to log in to some of our Linux systems,
and it really hasn't been a problem for us.  There are others on campus who
have been using longer than we have to get on some of the Windows servers, and
I don't think there was much of a problem there either.

I think the biggest irritation for me is that if I want to log in to several
systems at once, I have to wait for the token code to change before I can log
in to the next system.

--
Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias () uci edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926